- She holds out two toothbrushes, one blue and one purple. "Got a preference?"
- "Zoe... You know I'm a lesbian, right?"
- "I was talking about the toothbrushes," she says.
- "I know." I run my hands through my ridiculous, spiky hair. "I just I don't want you to think I'm hiding anything."
- She sits down across from me on her own bed. "I'm a Pisces."
- "What difference does that make?"
- "What difference does it make to me if you're gay?" Zoe says.
- I let out the breath I didn't realize I have been holding. "Thanks."
- Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
tagged as: Personal. Quotes. Jodi Picoult. Sing you home. Gay. Lesbian. Lgbt.